Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Goodbye to a friend

My friend Adam hadn't answered my emails. Our communication was only by email, and very sporadic. Today I checked his myspace page. On March 30, he passed away. I am completely in shock. I have so many questions, I don't know what happened to him, and probably I never will. I had known Adam since he was 19, he served in the Navy with my ex-husband. He tried to help me escape the life I was in, to show me that I deserved so much more. There was a time that it almost turned into a romance, but it wasn't worth risking his career and both of our safety over. We lost touch for quite some time, but he found me. We hadn't been in touch for a few months, and now he is gone. He was only 25 years old. I was so proud of the man he had become. He was always a good guy, but he had become an amazing man. He had figured out so much about the world, become so well-spoken. I have been in shock for most of the evening. Now the loss is hitting me. The tears have finally come. I will miss him so much.

No comments: